This page is merely meant as a list for myself from handy mos-notes.
From time to time, I remember “I once read a mos-note” and I know that I can flag them in mos as well, but it’s just usefull to have it at one place which i can search quickly.
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine Setup/Configuration Best Practices (Doc ID 1274318.1)
Exadata Best practices
- Quick Reference to Patch Numbers for Database/GI PSU, SPU(CPU), Bundle Patches and Patchsets (Doc ID 1454618.1)
A usefull overview of cpu/psu patches
- How to upgrade RMAN catalog SCHEMA from 11g to 18.104.22.168 without upgrading the catalog database (Doc ID 1970049.1)
To host a 12c rman catalog in a non-12c rman catalog database.
- Exadata Database Machine and Exadata Storage Server Supported Versions (Doc ID 888828.1)
Exadata bible note
- Exadata Write-Back Flash Cache – FAQ (Doc ID 1500257.1)
How to enable write back flash cache on the Exadata
- Mount Options for Oracle files for RAC databases and Clusterware when used with NFS on NAS devices (Doc ID 359515.1)
The nfs mount options which you need to use.
- How to Setup and Run a Database Testing Replay in an Oracle Multitenant Environment (Real Application Testing – RAT) (Doc ID 1937920.1)
How rat-tests can be performed in a Multitenant environment.
- How to resize ASM disks in Exadata (Doc ID 1684112.1)
Simple howto on resizing asm disk groups on exadata
- Script to Collect Exadata Cell Performance Information (cellperfdiag.sql) (Doc ID 2038493.1)
usefull script to see if and what’s going on on exadata cells
- Performance slower in OVM when compared with Baremetal (Doc ID 2080843.1)
On OVM on exadata (X5-2 confirmed) query might be slower than on bare metal.
- Elastic Configuration on Exadata (Doc ID 1953915.1)
How to apply an elastic configuration / expansion on an exadata (> X5)
- How to research Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) for Exadata packages (Doc ID 2256887.1)
Thanks to Philippe Fierens (@pfierens ) for pointing me to this one. It show how you can check for CVE exploits.
- Rman leaves modified auxiliary spfile parameters if DUPLICATE fails (Doc ID 1283344.1)
If duplicating or cloning with an 22.214.171.124 client you might hit this bug if the duplicate is interrupted